Health, Safety, Security and Environment
Protecting the environment and the health and safety of our employees, clients, contractors and the public is an integral part of our business operations within Streamline Mechanical L.P. We work hard to sustain a caring culture that encourages teamwork, performance excellence and proactive behaviors wherever we operate.
Health, Safety and Environment Policy
Streamline Mechanical L.P. is committed to ensuring that as a minimum, all applicable legislation and industry recommended practices are incorporated into our Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Management System. Our HSE Management System is to be consistently and effectively implemented, monitored and continuously improved. We shall strive to exceed the HSE performance expectations of industry and our clients.
Every employee of Streamline Mechanical L.P. is responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring their activities do not adversely impact the environment. Complete commitment and active participation by everyone, everyday, in every job is necessary to achieve the safety excellence the company expects.
The Management of Streamline Mechanical L.P. will take all reasonable and practical measures to protect the health and safety of Streamline Mechanical L.P. employees, contractors and sub-contractors, clients, public and the environment from potential incidents. Management accepts the role for leadership of the HSE program and for providing the necessary safeguards to ensure safe conditions. Our supervisors are responsible for communicating and directing our employees so that all operations are performed with the utmost regard for the health and safety of all personnel.
All company employees and others on company worksites are responsible for obeying all safety rules, following recommended practices and procedures and informing supervisors of any unsafe work conditions. Everyone has the right and responsibility to refuse to do work when unsafe conditions exist.
Everyone home safely, always is our goal. We will achieve our goal through active, visible leadership and commitment at all levels throughout our organization.
Our Committment to the Environment
Streamline Mechanical L.P. is committed to safeguarding the environment through sound environmental stewardship. “Respecting and Caring” for our environment is valued by our senior management and is emphasized through all levels of responsibility within our organization. We commit to:
- Be an environmentally responsible neighbour in the community where we operate, and correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment
- We will continually search for and implement activities that will improve our abilities to properly utilize natural and man-made resources both economically and conservatively
- Meet/exceed all Federal, Provincial, Local and Company Environmental Standards. We will set and adhere to stringent requirements no matter where we do business
- Participate in recycling to the greatest practical extent to reduce impact on landfills and promote recovery of valuable resources
- Convey to our customers, industry associates, vendors and the general public our strong environmental commitment
- Conserve natural resources by adopting pollution prevention practices. For example, extending the life of equipment through preventative maintenance scheduling, purchasing and reworking used equipment
- Develop and improve operations and technologies to minimize waste, other pollution and dispose of waste safely and responsibly
- Ensure the responsible use of energy throughout our business, including conserving energy, improving energy efficiency and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy when feasible
- Promptly report all noncompliance issues in accordance with applicable governmental reporting requirements, evaluate causes of noncompliance, and implement corrective actions
- Strive to continuously improve our commitment to the above-stated principles through exercise of our EMS, improved technology, construction practices changes and due diligence